In simple terms, Cucalorus is Wilmington’s version of South by Southwest. It started out as a film festival, but it has expanded to include panels, speakers and workshops on emerging tech and entrepreneurship.
Here are some highlights of people that will be featured under this “Connect” expansion.
- the founding chief science officer and creator of the technology behind eHarmony
- a founder of MapQuest and now a managing director of The Startup Factory in Durham
- founders of Untapped app
- editor in chief for Yahoo Tech
- president of the Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- lead principals from the crowdfunding sites Kickstarter and Seed&Spark
- Placemaker fair with demonstrations, inventions, food and entertainment
Your very own CFWIT has teamed up with Tech Talent South to provide a free coding workshop for ladies. Please pass this information along to your friends!
So if you’re interested in these events, please come participate to make this year’s Cucalorus festival a success!